||Glenlochy distillery is in the middle of the town of Fort William which
is also in the middle of the West Highland. It was built by David McAndie
in 1898 near the river Nevis that runs from the highest peak Ben Nevis.
The distillery was closed and reopened few times and in 1983 they closed
it for good and in 1991 it was sold for exploitation. Now most of the structure
from those days remains and part of them are used as cottage and houses.
It was developed as a residential section and some new residences are built.