||Therefs a town called Dingwall, about 15 miles away to the northeast from
Inverness a capital of Highland. Ben Wyvis distillery was found in 1879
on the small hill near Cromarty bay a bit south from the town. It was a
large scale distillery with steam powered engine and Alfred Barbard was
impressed when he visited this place in 1887. The owner changed several
times and in 1926 it was closed. The warehouse was used by SMD till the
1980s but now only the warehouse near the station remains and it is used
as an office. The view of Ben Wyvis (1044m) form the town is a beauty.