||Ardlussa distillery was located by Glebe St, east side of Gallow Hill.
It was founded by a small company of James Ferguson from Greenock farm
in 1879. Itfs a youngest distillery in Campbeltown and they had the newest
equipment but it was bought by other company in 1919 and was closed in
1923. The distillery was torn down with Glen Nevis distillery which stood
next to the Ardlussa. It is now used as the works yard of a major contractor.
On the south side of the street there stands a ruin that might have been
part of the Ardlussa distillery.